- Dinner Tuesday through Sunday from 5pm.
- Open Year Round. Closed Mondays.
- Chef Owned for Over Twenty Five Years
- Private Rooms Available for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners and Celebrations.
A chef owned restaurant, The Captain Linnell House offers expertly prepared classic fare – from appetizers of iced Wellfleet oysters on the half shell, to escargots and baby spinach salad, to entrees of rack of lamb, grilled salmon, roast duckling and Veal Milanese. Save room for dessert, as Chef Conway’s own custard recipe – Skaket Mess, filled with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries – is a favorite!
Enjoy wine from a large wine selection from our bar or relax in our comfortable lounge before you dine. Our elegant dining rooms overlook perfectly manicured gardens.
- We live on Cape Cod and visited all of the popular, local wedding sites. The Captain Linnell House beat them all. Great price, one wedding per day, and the owner, Shelly, has been hosting weddings for years. The grounds are perfect for a ceremony and the three-room layout (dining, bar and reception)of the mansion is more intimate than the typical function room offered by most wedding reception vendors. The staff is polite, attentive, unobtrusive and have been with the Captain Linnell House for a long time. These are not part-time summer help but real professionals. Top it all off with a first rate chef (the CLH is a fine-dining restaurant on/off season) and the whole experience is one of a kind.The Knot – Lois Michael
- I do have nearly enough good things to say about the Captain Linnell House. The service was top notch and the food was AMAZING!! Our guests are still talking about how wonderful the Captain Linnell House was!!The Knot – I Holcom
- We picked the perfect venue for our hometown cape cod wedding. The Captain Linnell House offers not only a spectacular atmosphere with historic architecture, interior design etc, very representative of the cape and its ocean history, but the service is unmatched along with the food. The value is the best on the cape. Being an analyst I had completed a comprehensive cost analysis of 20 venues on the cape and the pricing with the quality was unmatched by any other venue available. If you are looking for a true Cape venue with amazing gourmet food and a spectacular staff and service you cannot pass on Captain Linnell.Wedding Bee – Private User
- As a long time resident on the Cape I often frequent the Captain Linnell House. I have never once been disappointed. The food is DELICIOUS and the menu offers several choices from dishes with lobster to vegetarian options. I often recommend the Linnell House to friends and family who visit the Cape and they rave about it afterwards. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is always courteous and attentive. The historical sea captains home is always a magical experience for myself and my family. If one were looking for a reception site for a wedding I would highly recommend this site. I am also aware that they recently received an award from the Knot magazine for BEST reception site..... They now offer the pre fixe menu for those on a budget who want to enjoy five star food and a fine dining setting. I tried this menu on my last visit and the portions were more than generous. I will continue to dine at and recommend the Captain Linnell House to others. I can't wait to go again!Trip Advisor Review – Pricilla B.
- My family has been going to Captain Linnell for over 40 years. We have celebrated birthdays, anniverseries, etc. In the beginning, it was a must when we vacationed in Orleans and Eastham. We retired in Eastham and it is still our favorite! This is the only restaurant on the Cape that I can honestly say we have NEVER gotten a bad meal. If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing a wonderful dinning experience.Trip Advisor Review – Sheila G.
- My wife and I spend some time every summer on Cape Cod. The Captain Linnell House is our favorite stop for a romantic dinner together. Recently I enjoyed a wonderful Bouillabaisse and my wife loved the sole stuffed with crab. We followed this with two excellent desserts, the Skaket Mess(fresh fruit, custard and cream) and Creme brulee. The food is always outstanding and the service is excellent. Be sure to take a walk around the gardens and maybe if the time is right go down to nearby Skaket beach for a sunset!Trip Advisor Review – Bio Guy
- We could not have picked a better venue for our reception than the Linnell House! Our ceremony was down the road, at Skaket Beach, and our guests loved the easy transition from the beach to the laid-back cocktail hour at the Linnell House. Everything at the reception went so smoothly, and the Linnell House was the perfect setting for us and all of our family and friends. Guests raved about how beautiful the grounds were and absolutely loved the food (no surprise there, dinner at the restaurant is always incredible). Shelly, who oversees all of their events, was so accommodating, both ahead of time as we were planning the wedding and on the day of. She and her team were tremendous. (After you reserve your date Shelly also provides you with a very helpful list of her vendor recommendations, which is nice if you don’t know who to turn to for all details on the Cape.) We had the best time! My husband and I were so happy with our choice and highly recommend the Linnell House!Wedding Bee – Jackie
- My wife and I had an excellent evening pre-celebrating our 40th. The meals were excellent as were the martinis. A romantic atmosphere with a view of the garden and birds feeding. My pearl salad (tomatos, basil and mozzarella) was excellent. Our meals ( scallops and rack of lamb) were out of this world. The waiter was great. We had a cream de minth sundae which was fantastic. We would recommend this great place.Trip Advisor Review – Norman R.